Thursday, April 23, 2015

Stitch Fix Review #2


I confess.  I totally stalked the mailman waiting on my fix to get here this month.  I had the same stylist as last month, and she totally delivered.  Read on to check out what was in my box!

Some quick facts about Stitch Fix:


-The styling fee is $20 per fix.  The $20 is deducted from the price of any item(s) that you purchase in that fix.
-You can specify your price range for the items that you receive.  You can also specify how often you want to receive a fix.
-You will receive 5 items that are hand-picked for you by your stylist, using the style profile that you will fill out upon signing up.  You can decide to purchase them all, just a few items, or to send them all back if you don't want to keep any of them.
-You have 3 business days to choose what you want to keep and send back what you don't like.  They give you a prepaid shipping envelope that you can just pop in your mailbox (so easy!).
-If you choose to keep all 5 items, you get 25% off your entire order.

My fix:

Kut From The Kloth Troy Drape Vest

Oooooooh this vest.  I requested an army cargo vest, and this was different from what I had in mind, but it was honestly even better than what I was thinking.  The fabric is light enough that I can wear it layered over brightly colored shorts and a striped tee this summer, or paired with a sundress.  It will also be really easy to transition it to fall.  

Verdict: Kept. Duh.

41 Hawthorn McAdams Beaded Neckline Blouse

At first glance I did not think I would like this shirt.  I tend to wear more cool colors than warm colors.  After I tried it on, I knew immediately that I would have to keep it.  The bright red-orange is so summery and pretty.  It fits perfectly and I feel so comfortable in it.  I know I will wear this shirt a lot this summer.

Verdict: Kept.

Just Black Kristy Skinny Jean in Petite (Also worn in above photo)

If you know me, you know that I am truly vertically challenged.  These jeans were the PERFECT length for me.  I love my skinnies to be cropped right at the ankle.  Unfortunately, they never fit that way on me unless I get them hemmed.  The only problem with these jeans is that since they were petite, they fit a little tighter than my normal size.  I decided to keep these anyway since I am still losing baby weight and they will fit by summer. Note to anyone requesting petites- you may want to go up a size from what you regularly wear.


Verdict: Kept

41 Hawthorn Renesme Geo Print Faux Wrap Dress

In my last fix, I got a wrap dress that fit really nicely.  However, I wasn't a big fan of the pattern.  In my note to my stylist I requested the same dress in a different pattern.  This is what she sent and I loved it!  The hubs told me it was his favorite item, so of course....


Verdict: Kept

Fun2Fun Sheridan Striped V-Neck Tab Sleeve Blouse

This shirt was really cute, but it was way too big on me.  The armpits hung down and it just looked awkward.  Fortunately, I was able to sell it to someone who wanted it, and that meant that I got the 25% off discount for keeping all 5 items.  Whoop whoop!

Verdict: Kept, and Sold


When you keep all 5 items, Stitch Fix gives you 25% off of your entire purchase.  I kept all 5, and then sold the striped shirt, so I got a major discount on everything that I bought.  Of course, I passed the discount on to the friend who bought the striped shirt:)  It was a win-win!

Want to give it a try?  To get your fix, click here!

What did you think of my second fix?

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks great on you!! Your stylist hit if out of the park with this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I agree, she definitely listened to what I requested. She pretty much rocks:)

      Delete