Friday, July 1, 2016

Simple Fourth of July Decor

Happy Fourth of July everyone!  
I try to be super simple when I decorate for holidays.  Less is more, especially when you have an active two-year old and not a lot of time!  Here are a couple things that I did around the house to decorate for the fourth.

I draped an American flag printed scarf from one of the shelves in the dining room, and printed a free printable that I found on Pinterest to put in a frame.


 In the kitchen I hung some festive dishtowels, and rested a USA sign from Hobby Lobby above the stove.


My goal is to one day have a vintage looking pendant banner to hang above my fireplace (check out my bestie Katie's awesome banners at her blog, Thrifty Finds and Redesigns), but since we are about to start the process of building a new house, I opted to save money and bought a pack of three felt stars for $1 at Mighty Dollar.  I strung them on some twine and that was that!  I hung a second strand in the dining room bay window (not pictured).


My sweet mom bought me this American flag sign at Homegoods.  It is painted onto wood, and would be a really great DIY idea to try with an old pallet.

Well, that's all, folks!  I hope you have a happy and safe Fourth of July!  Thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment